Navigating ADA & Section 504 Compliance - 32113
Unlock the legal intricacies of ADA and Section 504 with this captivating professional development series consisting of six two-hour virtual sessions. In this comprehensive program, you'll delve into crucial topics that shape equal access and non-discrimination in educational and workplace environments. Through a series of dynamic sessions, you'll gain invaluable insights that will enhance your understanding of these critical regulations. The sessions, which are provided by legal experts who specialize in education law, include Session 1: ADA/504 Basics: Introduction to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Session 2: Legal Update from the Courts: Requests for Accommodations by Employees under the ADA, Session 3: Students and the ADA/504: Guidance on Compliance, Session 4: Discrimination and Retaliation: Recent Court Case Updates, Session 5: Responding and Investigating Allegations, and Session 6: Accessibility and School Facilities. Transform your understanding and elevate your commitment to fostering equal opportunities and inclusivity. This series addresses the Child Find, FAPE and LRE components of the TEA required self-assessment.
Assistant Principals, Coordinators, Federal Program Directors/Coordinators, Principals, Directors, Superintendents/Chief Executive Officers
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 88
Registration Deadline 7/9/2024
Credit Type Professional Development
Beth Hewett ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 10/12/2023 9:00 am
- Adolescent Development Course - Virtual
- Chapter 37 Administrator Update - Virtual
- Section 504 Professional Learning and Consortium Series
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - ADA Compliance for Online Content - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Anaphylaxis and Epinephrine Use - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse, Trafficking, and Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Title IX Overview - Online
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - In Person