Coloring Outside the Lines: Cultivating Creativity in Early Childhood - 31912
Welcome to "Coloring Outside the Lines: Cultivating Creativity in Early Childhood," a dynamic course designed to explore the intersection of giftedness, creativity, and curiosity in young children. In this engaging and hands-on learning experience, we will explore the realm of identifying giftedness in early childhood and discover effective strategies to foster creativity and curiosity. Throughout the course, we will examine the power of literature connections, utilizing captivating books as catalysts to ignite the imaginations of young learners. We will also get active in the world of loose parts play, recognizing its ability to promote open-ended exploration, problem-solving, and divergent thinking. By the end of this course, you will have gained insights into the unique characteristics and traits of gifted young children, and you will be equipped with a toolkit of gifted strategies to effectively engage and nurture their potential. Note: This course is open to all individuals interested in early childhood education and supporting the growth and development of gifted young children. No prior experience or background in gifted education is required.
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 29
Registration Deadline 4/5/2024
Credit Type G/T- Update
Tracy Gunn ESC Region 11, Gypsy Mishoe ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 4/5/2024 8:30 am
- 2023-2024 Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings - Virtual
- Authentic Grammar Using Patterns of Wonder K-1
- Cognitive Transitions: Making the Most of Every Minute!
- Community Circles in Early Childhood - Virtual
- Little Steps, Big Adventures - Early Childhood Centers: Library & Listening - Virtual
- Little Steps, Big Adventures - Early Childhood Centers: Sensory Center - Virtual
- Little Steps, Big Adventures - Early Childhood Centers: Toys and Games - Virtual
- Making the Most of Your Math Manipulatives in Pre-K-2
- Research-Based Instructional Strategies (RBIS) for Reading Language Arts (RLA)
- Standards-Based Individualized Eduction Program (IEP) Process Training