Wheels Up! Elementary New Teacher Academy (Grades 3-5) - 31805
Join us as we fly away with topics every beginning teacher needs. We will explore setting up your learning environment, instructional best practices, supporting language development, content-specific strategies, assessment of learning, and teacher well-being. In each of the five sessions, you will have the opportunity to practice and collaborate with others on our journey. Sessions will have whole-group and content-specific breaks and are paced out so that you will have time between sessions to put what you have learned into practice. Throughout the series, various specialists at ESC Region 11 will join us to support you along your travels. Included in your flight plan are opportunities for meaningful practices. The cost of the session will go towards the one-hour on-site coaching visit. Face-to-face learning (30 hours) at ESC Region 11 will be held on 9/08/23, 10/13/23, 11/10/23, 1/19/24, and 2/09/24. All sessions are from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. This professional development series will provide teachers with the skills and knowledge needed to create effective and engaging learning experiences for their students while promoting their well-being and professional growth.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 7
Registration Deadline 2/9/2024
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Nikki Hagood ESC Region 11, Caitlin Cook ESC Region 11, BeTina Edwards-Wilson ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 9/8/2023 8:30 am
- 2023-2024 Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings - Virtual
- Connecting Reading and Writing in the ELAR Classroom (3-12)
- Keying into Success: Boosting Speed and Accuracy of Keyboarding with the New Tech Apps TEKS
- Online GT 30 Core - Series Course 1: Nature and Needs of Gifted/Talented Students (NN) - Online
- Online GT Update - Designing a Lesson for the Gifted Student (3 Hours) - Online
- Organisms and Environments: Applying Science and Engineering Practices for Student Success with the New Science TEKS (3-5)
- Research-Based Instructional Strategies (RBIS) for Reading Language Arts (RLA)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Sexual Harassment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Prior Knowledge - Online