Teachers of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Book Study: "Crunchtime" by Bernabei, Hover, & Candler Online - 31709
Participants will read, discuss, and apply the book "Crunchtime: Lessons to Help Students Blow the Roof Off Writing Tests and Become Better Writers in the Process" by Bernabei, Hover, & Candler (ISBN#0325026734). Discussion and application activities will take place via Canvas, a platform for online learning, from October 2 - November 10, 2023. All coursework will be completed online within a specific time frame; therefore, timelines and due dates must be observed in order to receive full credit for the course. It is anticipated that this course will require approximately three hours of work per week. Note: It is recommended, but not required, that participants read the book prior to the start of the course. A copy of the book will be provided. This session aligns with the following component of the TEA-required Special Education Self-Assessment: Instructional Strategies (Implementation).
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 20
Registration Deadline 10/2/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Petra Gatzemeyer ESC Region 11
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 10/2/2023 8:00 am
- BlendED - Learning Academy: Best Practices for a Modern Personalized Learning Classroom
- Creating Thinkers Instead of Test Takers 2.0
- Goal Setting for Students
- GT 30 Core Series - Course 4: Creativity and Critical Thinking for Gifted/Talented Students (CCT)
- Making UDL Accessible
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse, Trafficking, and Maltreatment - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Learning Expectations - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Prior Knowledge - Online
- Unleashing Inquiry: Leveraging DBQs to Meet the Needs of All Students
- Wheels Up! Elementary New Teacher Academy (Grades 3-5)