Scottish Rite for Children (SRC) Build: A K-1 Early Reading Intervention - 31490
Build: A K-1 Early Reading Intervention is a 100-lesson small-group reading intervention developed by the Luke Waites Center for Dyslexia and Learning Disorders. The Build curriculum addresses five specific components of reading intervention. Each component is taught developmentally using a direct, systematic, cumulative, multisensory method of introduction and practice to meet the specific needs of kindergarten and first-grade students who are struggling in reading and may be at risk for dyslexia. The five reading intervention components include: - Alphabet: the identification of letters, sequencing skills, and alphabetizing - Letter/sound knowledge: the direct instruction of individual letters and sounds, leading to the practice of reading words and sentences - Phonological awareness: the explicit introduction of the relationships between speech-sound production, from rhyme to spelling - Vocabulary: the direct teaching of strategies using context clues to infer the meaning of unfamiliar words - Comprehension: the explicit teaching of specific learning strategies used to identify the basic components of a story This session is aligned with the Intervention component of the TEA-required self-assessment.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Dyslexia Interventionist, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Assistant Principals, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - Special Education
Participants will be required to set up an account with Scottish Rite for Children to order materials prior to attending. Instructions to set up an account will be emailed to participants after registration. The cost of materials is $750.00. Please allow a minimum of 7 days prior to training to receive materials.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2023-24 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- Co-Planning for Co-Teaching Teams (CoP)
- Co-Teaching for All (CT)
- Decision Making Guided by Data: An MTSS Implementation Series
- Empowering Educators: A Comprehensive Training on McKinney-Vento Law and Homeless Education - LPC Credit
- Facilitating the IEP (Asynchronous Course)
- General and Special Education Graduation Requirements - Virtual
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (SB-IEP) Process for Administrators - Virtual
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - In Person/Blended
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - Virtual