Empowering Educators: A Comprehensive Training on McKinney-Vento Law and Homeless Education - CPE CREDIT - 31359
This training program is designed to empower educators with a comprehensive understanding of McKinney-Vento Law and the unique challenges faced by homeless students in their education. Attendees will learn about the legal requirements of McKinney-Vento, including identification, enrollment, and educational stability for homeless students. Through interactive discussions and case studies, attendees will gain a deep understanding of the impact of homelessness on student learning and how to effectively support homeless students in their academic and personal success. The training will also explore strategies for engaging with parents and community organizations to create a safety net of support for homeless students. The training will cover key topics, including the definition of homelessness, the legal requirements of McKinney-Vento, the role of educators in identifying and supporting homeless students, and best practices for providing academic and social emotional support to homeless students. Attendees will also learn about the importance of cultural competence when working with homeless students and families from diverse backgrounds. At the conclusion of this training, attendees will leave with a deeper understanding of McKinney-Vento Law and how to effectively support homeless students in their education. They will be equipped with practical tools and strategies to identify and connect homeless students with the appropriate resources and support, and to advocate for the needs of homeless students in their schools and communities.
Schedule & Location
Counselors, McKinney-Vento, Bus Drivers, Central Office Administrators,
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Art Therapy Principles in the School Setting
- Cooke, Denton, and Wise County: Mental Health & School Counseling, CTE/CCMR, REACH (MV) Roadshow
- CPI: Blended Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training
- Erath, Hood, and Somervell County: Mental Health & School Counseling, CTE/CCMR, REACH (MV) Roadshow
- ESC Region 11 Instructional Leaders Meeting - In Person
- Johnson & Tarrant County: Mental Health & School Counseling, CTE/CCMR, REACH (MV) Roadshow
- McKinney-Vento Overview Training
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships - Online
- The McKinney-Vento Handbook: Your Key to Building a Strong Homeless Education Program - LPC CREDIT
- Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) - CPE CREDIT