Uncovering Hidden Needs: Addressing the Unique Challenges of McKinney-Vento Identification and Stabilization - LPC CREDIT - 31351
Identifying and stabilizing McKinney-Vento students can be a challenging task, especially when there are hidden needs that may not be immediately apparent. In this session, we will explore some of the unique challenges that educators face when trying to identify and stabilize homeless students, as well as strategies for addressing these challenges. Participants will learn about the various hidden needs of McKinney-Vento students, such as trauma, lack of basic necessities, and transportation issues. We will discuss how these hidden needs can impact a student's ability to learn and succeed in school. Additionally, we will examine ways to create a safe and supportive environment for these students that fosters academic success and addresses their unique needs. Throughout the session, we will highlight best practices for identifying and stabilizing McKinney-Vento students, including establishing partnerships with community organizations, utilizing student-centered approaches, and providing wraparound services. Participants will leave the session with a greater understanding of the hidden needs of McKinney-Vento students and how to address them in a way that supports their educational success.
Schedule & Location
Assistant Principals, Counselors, McKinney-Vento, Migrant, Transportation,
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Crucial Conversations for Accountability (Crucial Learning Series)
- Section 504 Leadership and Consortium Series
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - ADA Compliance for Online Content - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Mental Health Overview - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Sexual Harassment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Texas Educator's Code of Ethics - Online
- The ABCs and 123s of Supporting Early Childhood for Administrators
- Trauma-Informed Care for Educators - Virtual