Book Clubs and Lit Circles: Setting Up Choice Reading in the Secondary ELAR Classroom (6-12) - 30827
Success with choice reading or student-selected texts is an important skill in the Secondary ELAR TEKS. But how is this accomplished? How do students know how to choose texts? And how do teachers hold students accountable? In this session, participants will explore the importance of choice reading and how to set up a framework in their classroom through book clubs and literature circles. Session resources will be digital. Please bring a device to the session to access resources.
Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Instructional Leaders, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 33
Registration Deadline 4/6/2023
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Brittany Kosumsuriya ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 9 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
For assistance contact:
Instructional Content Coach ELAR
Offered Again On
- 4/6/2023 8:30 am
- 6/1/2023 8:30 am
- 2023 DMAC Academy DAY 3 - Creating Student Plans & Documentation in DMAC
- Amp It Up!
- Amp It Up! - Online
- Amplify Reading - Cracking the Code in the Phonics Progression
- Amplify Reading - Overview for K-5
- Connecting Reading and Writing in the ELAR Classroom (3-12)
- Helping Struggling Readers, Grades 4-12 (ELAR)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Section 504 Introduction - Online
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs
- Writing across Genres in Secondary ELAR (6-12)