Counseling for Behavioral Change with Betty White, LPC - 30553
This two-day learning session will allow counselors and LSSPs to explore a variety of therapeutic techniques to help in working with students of all ages who have behavioral challenges. Topics covered will include the prerequisites for a successful counseling relationship and determining which theoretical approach to utilize in helping students overcome behavioral challenges. Participants will learn about the basic principles of some of the most effective theoretical approaches to counseling for behavioral change, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Play Therapy and Sand Tray work, and Impact Therapy. Trauma-informed approaches to therapy will be included. A follow-up session in January will allow participants to trouble-shoot their progress in the use of these techniques.
Schedule & Location
Counselors, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Psychologists, Diagnosticians
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Art Therapy Principles in the School Setting
- Cooke, Denton, and Wise County: Mental Health & School Counseling, CTE/CCMR, REACH (MV) Roadshow
- CPI: Blended Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training - MHMR
- Erath, Hood, and Somervell County: Mental Health & School Counseling, CTE/CCMR, REACH (MV) Roadshow
- ESC Region 11 Instructional Leaders Meeting - In Person
- New Counselor Cohort Series Spring 2024
- Palo Pinto & Parker County: Mental Health & School Counseling, CTE/CCMR, REACH (MV) Roadshow
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships - Online
- The McKinney-Vento Handbook: Your Key to Building a Strong Homeless Education Program - LPC CREDIT
- Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) - CPE CREDIT