Virtual GT 30 Core Series - Course 5: Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity (DC) Virtual - 30387
Depth and Complexity is one training in a five-part series designed to meet the requirements of the Texas Administrative Code and the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students. In this virtual course, participants will learn about Depth and Complexity through the lens of the eight elements of depth (Language of the Discipline, Details, Patterns, Trends, Rules, Ethics, Unanswered Question, and Big Ideas) and the three elements of complexity (Change Over Time, Points of View, and Across the Disciplines). This session will consist of a three-hour live Zoom meeting and approximately three hours of individual outside work. This session is required as part of the initial 30 hours.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Counselors, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
This session will consist of a three-hour live Zoom meeting and approximately three hours of outside individual work.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course (Face-to-Face)
- Engage by Design Content Series: Forgotten Voices in History
- Enhancing Literacy Skills with Social Studies in 3rd-5th: You Can Teach It All!
- GT 30 Core Series â€” Course 4: Creativity and Critical Thinking for Gifted/Talented Students (CCT)
- GT Update - Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP) Level 1
- Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings (2022-2023) - Virtual
- Online GT 30 Core Series â€” Course 4: Creativity and Critical Thinking for Gifted/Talented Students (CCT) - Online
- Research Based Instructional Strategies (RBIS) for Reading Language Arts (RLA)
- Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Online Book Study: "The Writing Strategies Book" by Serravallo - Online
- Visual Phonics (See the Sound) - Virtual