(Virtual) TIER: Trauma-Sensitive Schools Virtual - 30214
Traumatic experiences are more common than most people think. In schools, understanding how trauma may affect a person differently -- as each experience and individual is unique -- is critical to creating a positive learning environment and culture. Adopting a multi-tiered, trauma-informed approach is not accomplished through any single technique or intervention. It requires a shift in the way of being and, possibly, a cultural change at all levels of an organization. It is an ongoing process. The overall goal of this training is to understand better how a trauma-informed approach can improve the learning environment in schools and improve outcomes for all students.
Charter School Personnel, Principals, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Assistant Principals, Instructional Leaders
There are no prerequisites for the training.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 20
Registration Deadline 3/31/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Gary Alderson ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 12 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
For assistance contact:
Special Education Specialist, Behavior
Offered Again On
- 4/4/2023 9:00 am
- Advanced Facilitation of the IEP
- Co-Teaching with Dr. Wendy Murawski
- ESC Region 11 - Dyslexia Therapist Training (Take Flight: A Comprehensive Intervention for Students with Dyslexia)
- ESC Region 11 Dyslexia Therapist Training - Cohort 1 - Year 2
- Explicit Instruction
- Introduction to an IEP - Virtual
- Prioritizing Excellence Conference
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training
- TREC Talks - Spring 2023 - Virtual
- Universal Design for Learning with Gradual Release in Small-Group Instruction