Middle Grades Math (MGM) Institute: A Deep Dive into Proportionality - 30045
How mathematics is taught in the middle grades greatly impacts students' understanding of mathematical concepts in later years and, therefore, requires meaningful and connected learning experiences. This five-part series will take participants on a deep dive into the standards for grades 6-8, looking at vertical alignment for overarching concepts within this grade band. Attendance at all sessions is not required. Participants can select those deep dives most critical for their classroom practices. Join us for this session to explore supporting students with solving problems with proportional and non-proportional relationships, including but not limited to slope, dilations, functions, and probability. Teachers come to learn at MGM Institute and leave equipped with routines, strategies, and resources that enable them to facilitate content that empowers middle-grade learners.
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Instructional Leaders, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
It is too late to register for this session.
Offered Again On
- Canvas for New Teachers Lunch & Learn: Assignments (Virtual) - Virtual
- Elementary (2-5) ELAR Writing Calibrations and Trend Analysis: STAAR and Beyond
- Getting the Most out of DESMOS in Elementary Math - Desmos Classroom
- North Texas Canvas User Group
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 2: Identification and Assessment of Gifted/Talented Students (ID) - Online
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 4: Creativity and Critical Thinking for Gifted/Talented Students (CCT) - Online
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training - Palo Pinto
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Section 504 Overview - Online
- Texas Dyslexia Academy 1: Foundations - Virtual
- What You Need to Know about an ARD Meeting for General Education Teachers - Virtual