Secondary Math World Tour: Geometry Reimagined (@Mansfield ISD) - 29480
If Euclid could only see us now! This session will discuss the amazing world of high school geometry. In the morning, participants will leverage geometric proofs and constructions for engagement. In the afternoon, they will explore geometry in the 21st Century. As a staple of geometry, proofs are an excellent way to build connections between concrete concepts and abstract ideas. Compass constructions are the concrete, tactile way to bring geometry to life. Advances in technology have made visualization and animation an integral part of the geometry classroom. Applications like Desmos Geometry, while free, are powerful tools that students can use to build conceptual understanding. This session will be held at Mansfield ISD Performing Arts Center/Professional Development Building located at 1110 W Debbie Ln, Mansfield, TX 76063.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Instructional Leaders, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
It is too late to register for this session.
Offered Again On
- C.E.R. Your Way through Constructed and Extended Constructed Responses (6-12 ELAR)
- Canvas for Beginners
- Discovery Education Experience - What's New and Exciting?! - Virtual
- Physical Math: Algebra for All
- R-1-1 Math Now Asynchronous: Math at your Fingertips: Algebra Tiles for Grades 6-12 - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now Asynchronous: Math at your Fingertips: Clothesline Math for Grades 6-12 - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse, Trafficking, and Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Technology Leadership Academy
- Texas Reading Initiative Conference: Literacy Connects Us to The World