Utilizing Accommodations in an Elementary Mathematics Classroom - 29032
IDEA mandates that appropriate accommodations be provided for learners with a disability in the least-restrictive environment, typically, the general education classroom. Also, those accommodations may be provided in different forms, depending on the learner's needs. In this session, participants will learn research-based strategies that support the implementation of IEP accommodations in an elementary mathematics classroom for students identified with a disability in math calculations and math reasoning. Adapting how students access instruction through appropriate accommodations ensures learners with specially designed instruction can make progress in the general education curriculum while at the same time experiencing self-efficacy along the way.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- (Virtual) TIER: Trauma-Sensitive Schools - Virtual
- Building Blocks of Social Emotional Learning - Building Relationships - Virtual
- Charter Schools Roundtable - Virtual
- Data Collection
- ECSE After-School Series - Virtual
- Facilitating the IEP (Asynchronous Course)
- IEP to Action - Jam Session - Virtual
- Introduction to Assistive Technology
- Texas Principal Evaluation Support System (T-PESS)
- Universal Design for Learning