Teach Like a Philosopher: Learning with the "Good Life" in Mind (GT 6-Hour Update) - 28333
Before there were pirates and champions, the original giants of teaching and learning were the philosophers. Learn about how the theories and methods of the great thinkers -- East and West, Ancient and Modern -- can transform your classroom into a space of free inquiry, open debate, and deeper learning. By tackling big questions about how the various disciplines define and contribute to "the good life," meaning, and our understanding of right and wrong, students can begin to build a full picture of the world in which they live and their place in it.
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Instructional Leaders
Bring Charged Laptop.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment.
Offered Again On
- Canvas for Beginners
- Math Mentoring Network: Learning Experiences for Early Career Educators
- Moving from Theory to Action: TEKS Resource System and Texas Instructional Leadership
- Quiz - More Than a Four-Letter Word - Virtual
- R-1-1 Math Now: Complementary Angles Podcast Asynchronous Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: Deep Dive into Formative Assessments in Mathematics: K-5 - Online
- STAAR Redesign for Math, Grades 6 - Algebra 1
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Section 504 Introduction - Online
- TEKS Resource System Mini Conference