Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Math on a Dial" Using Problem-Solving Methods to Solve Math Mysteries - 28086
Uggh! Words problems! This session will focus on using students' natural problem-solving skills and curiosity to tackle word problems from a different direction. By using Numberless Word Problems, Slow Reveal Graphs, and 3 Act Tasks, all students will be able access problems through their own skills and abilities. This session will promote solving problems through inquiry and collaboration. This session is paired with Demystifying Word Problems - Real Problem Solving in the afternoon. You are welcome to register for one or both!
Instructional Leaders, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 55
Registration Deadline 11/2/2021
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
David Henson ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 11/2/2021 8:30 am
- 2021 12th Annual Technology Vendor Fair
- ESC Region 11 Instructional Leaders' Meeting - Online
- iCoaches Unite! Designing Math Intervention and Enrichment Opportunities to Increase Student Achievement
- iCoaches Unite! Math Pedagogy that Lasts
- iCoaches Unite! MathCoachCON: Just for Us!
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Numeracy Routines - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- Reading Academies General Cohort Leader PLC - Virtual
- Shining the Light on Literacy Supports in Discovery Education
- SOS - Spotlight on Strategies (Discovery Education)
- Supporting ALL Learners with the English Language Learning Center