Customized Employment: Discovering Personal Genius - 27761
This free session takes a deeper dive into Discovering Personal Genius. For some students, the best way to learn about their skills, learning styles, and support needs is to actually watch them in action. Some communities may be partially closed as a result of COVID-19, but enormous opportunities to see someone in action exist within the home and neighborhood. Join us to learn more and get started discovering. It is highly recommended that parents, educators, and VR also attend additional support sessions to fully support youth with disabilities: Using Handheld Technology Where Are You At Your Best? Know Your Value! Let's Start Work! Earning Money and Social Security Benefits!
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Parents, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Transition Specialists to Transition Personnel, Community/Public, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Occupational Therapists
This project will target students, parents, educators, and VR to learn introductory aspects of the customized employment process that focus on Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS). The targeted students will be in the 8th, 9th, 10th, or 12th- grade, and range in age from 14-22 years old, are currently participating in a recognized educational program, and have a mild to moderate disability. TWC is developing policy and services related to Customized Employment.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Administrative Overview of the Power of 2: Co-Teaching (Canvas Course) - Online
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Early Childhood: Teaching Male Learners of Color Teaching Lab - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science Digital Interactive Notebooking for High School - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science Digital Interactive Notebooking for K-5 - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades 6-8
- ESC Region 11 Charter Schools Virtual Job Fair - Virtual
- K-12 State-wide STEM Teacher Training
- Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - Virtual
- Math for All! Designing Inclusive Mathematics Learning Environments (K-3) - Virtual