Customized Employment: Everyone Can Work! Discovering Individual Potential - 27568
This free session introduces participants to Customized Employment (CE) and Discovering Personal Genius. At the core of CE lies one fundamental belief: Everyone Can Work. CE presumes the competence of all people and provides a set of strategies to learn what we need to know about students to support them with identifying opportunities and create win-win employment. Join us to learn the basics of CE and to begin to build your targeted employment action plan. It is highly recommended that parents, educators, and VR also attend additional support sessions to fully support youth with disabilities: Using Handheld Technology | Where Are You At Your Best? | Know Your Value! Let's Start Work! | Earning Money and Social Security Benefits!
Charter School Personnel, Parents, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Transition Specialists to Transition Personnel, Community/Public, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Occupational Therapists
This project will be targeted to students, parents, educators, and VR to learn introductory aspects of the customized employment process that focus on Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS). The targeted students will be in the 8th, 9th, 10th or 12th- grade, and range in age from 14-22 years old, are currently participating in a recognized educational program, and have a mild to moderate disability. TWC is developing policy and services related to Customized Employment.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- AS+K Suicide Prevention - Virtual
- Creating a Quality Library Collection - Virtual
- Customized Employment: Using Handheld Technology to be Independent and Successful at Work - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Home on the Range for K- through Second-Grade
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science Digital Interactive Notebooking for High School - Virtual
- Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - Virtual
- Math for All! Designing Inclusive Mathematics Learning Environments (K-3) - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy - Virtual
- Understanding the WHY and HOW in Serving English Learners in Charter Schools - Virtual