Engage by Design Content Series: Demystifying Word Problems - 3 Act Tasks - 26954
Does a picture paint a thousand words? This session will look to use video and images to build context into real-world situations. Based on work by Dan Meyer, Andrew Stadel, and others, participants dive into the strategies used to take a word problem and make it more. This session will practice ways to bring these strategies to a hybrid environment.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Instructional Leaders
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bite-Sized, Self-Paced Engaging High School Students in a Language-Rich Classroom - Online
- Digital Tools in the Secondary Math Series: Part 2 - Web-Based Activities
- Digital Tools in the Secondary Math: Part 3 - Making Your Own Digital Activities
- Getting AMPed for Math Success!
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Touching Math" - Using Manipulatives to Build Concrete Understanding
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: A Standard Way to Look at Math - Diving into the TEKS
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: Talking Math - Using Rigorous Tasks to Promote Math Discourse
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse, Trafficking, and Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships - Online