Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Touching Math" - Using Manipulatives to Build Concrete Understanding - 26928
This session explores the TEA math manipulatives that are available for students. It will discuss instructional strategies and gradual release plans necessary for successful implementation. By teaching common math concepts through a concrete understanding, teachers will find student conceptual holes and have a ready-made plan to fill them. This session is paired with Rookie School: A "Standard" Way to Look at Math in the afternoon. You are welcome to register for one or both!
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Charter School Personnel, Instructional Leaders, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 28
Registration Deadline 10/5/2021
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
David Henson ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 10/5/2021 8:30 am
- Anchoring with Primary Sources
- Digital Tools in the Secondary Math: Part 1 - Online Calculators
- Digital Tools in the Secondary Math: Part 3 - Making Your Own Digital Activities
- Getting AMPed for Math Success!
- Growth without Glitter: Low-Prep, High-Yield (& FUN) Strategies for Advanced Learning (GT 6-Hr Update)
- Math Workshop University
- NWEA - MAP Growth Basics
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: A Standard Way to Look at Math - Diving into the TEKS
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training
- Teach Like a Philosopher: Learning with the "Good Life" in Mind (GT 6-hr Update)