Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - 25367
This session addresses the needs of students in grades 4-12 who struggle with text comprehension because they lack proficiency in early reading skills. Participants will explore how cognitive processes associated with disabilities impact the learning of foundational literacy skills. They will build knowledge of how to use the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework, how to design supports (including assistive technology), and how to accommodate for the impact of a disability. This session was developed by the Inclusion in TX Network and the TEA. It is aligned with the HB 3 Reading Academies, which K-3 educators must still attend.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Coordinators, Diagnosticians, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Principals, Speech Therapists
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2020-2021 Annual District Testing Coordinator Training - Cooke and Wise Counties - Virtual
- 2020-2021 Annual District Testing Coordinator Training - Denton County - Virtual
- Administrative Overview of the Power of 2: Co-Teaching (Canvas Course) - Online
- CPI: Blended Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training - Online
- Parenting and Paternity Awareness (p.a.p.a.) - Virtual (Zoom)
- Preparing for STAAR through Math Workstations: Grade 6 Volume 1
- Preparing for STAAR through Math Workstations: Grade 7 Volume 1
- Preparing for STAAR through Math Workstations: Grade 8 Volume 1
- Texas Statewide Network of Assessment Professionals (TSNAP) - TETN
- TREC Talks - September - Virtual