Fostering a Thinking Culture in Social Studies - 23928
"The new valued commodity for the 21st Century is refined thinking skills." Critical Thinking is a verb that implies DOING something. Join us as we explore Rebecca Stobaugh's "50 Strategies to Boost Cognitive Engagement: Creating a Thinking Culture in the Classroom." Through this book study, we will dig deeper into ways that you can "transform your classroom from one of passive knowledge consumption to one of active engagement with strategies that foster cognitive engagement and develop deep-level processing."
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - General Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2023-2024 Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings - Virtual
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 3: Models of Differentiated Instruction (MD) - Online
- Organisms and Environments: Applying Science and Engineering Practices for Student Success with the New Science TEKS (6-8)
- Organisms and Environments: Applying Science and Engineering Practices for Student Success with the New Science TEKS (K-2)
- Research-Based Instructional Strategies (RBIS) for Reading Language Arts (RLA)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Cooperative Learning - Online
- Using Canvas in ELAR Classrooms - Online
- Using Canvas in Math Classrooms - Online
- Using Canvas in Science Classrooms - Online