Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process: Training for Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) - 32486
In order to ensure increased achievement and access to the general curriculum for students with disabilities, an individualized education program (IEP) process called "Standards-Based IEP" has been recommended as a best practice for achieving academic goals. The focus of this session is to learn more about the standards-based IEP process from the perspective of the school-based speech-language pathologist (SLP). As a result of this presentation, the participant will be able to: 1. Develop present levels of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAFP) that connect to the full and individual evaluation (FIE). 2. Draft measurable annual academic goals and short-term objectives/benchmarks that are aligned to state academic grade-level content standards. 3. Draft measurable functional goals and short-term objectives/benchmarks that support access to the general education curriculum. This training was created by the Child Find, Evaluation, and ARD Support Statewide Technical Assistance Network in collaboration with the Texas Education Agency with state and federal grants.
.3 ASHA CEUs provided. The course titled "Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process: Supplemental Training for Evaluation Personnel" is recommended as a prerequisite to this course, but is not a requirement for enrollment.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 1 Wait list
Registration Deadline 12/6/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Professional Development
Laura Lewis, M.S., CCC/SLP ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 12/7/2023 9:00 am
- Active Learning: An Overview for Professionals Serving Students who are Blind, Visually Impaired, and DeafBlind
- Integrating the Cottage Acquisition Scales for Listening, Language, and Speech into Classroom and Therapy Settings: The Basics of Using the CASLLS - Virtual
- New to Public Schools SLP Lunch and Learn - Virtual
- SI Legal and Ethical Updates
- Speech-Language Pathology Leadership Collaborative 2023-2024
- Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #6 -- Reveal Their Story: A Strength-based Approach to Autism Assessments for Speech Language Pathologists
- Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #7 -- The Dynamic Role of Speech-Language Pathologists in Fostering Communicative Success in the Post-Secondary Transition Setting
- Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #9 -- Gestalt Language Processing: What Is It?
- Statewide Speech-Language Pathology Webinar #4: -- Helping Teens and Young Adults on the Autism Spectrum with Social and Communication Skills: Insights and Resources
- Visual Phonics: See the Sound - Virtual