Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #7 -- The Dynamic Role of Speech-Language Pathologists in Fostering Communicative Success in the Post-Secondary Transition Setting - 32455
SLPs play a key role in supporting student success in transition programs by applying dynamic utilization of communication skills needed for life beyond public education through meaningful assessment and authentic implementation of therapy services. This training will explore how SLPs in the MOSAIC Program in Humble ISD engage in inter-professional collaboration with educational professionals and families to develop and execute individualized post-secondary plans for students transitioning into young-adult life. The presenters will also share practical examples on how to implement treatment goals beyond the therapy room and into the community by addressing skills needed for employability, independent living, recreation/leisure, and lifelong learning.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 79
Registration Deadline 3/8/2024 12:00 am
Credit Type TX Speech & Hearing Assoc. - Approved
Laura Lewis, M.S. CCC/SLP ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 3/8/2024 9:00 am
- Active Learning: An Overview for Professionals Serving Students who are Blind, Visually Impaired, and DeafBlind
- Integrating the Cottage Acquisition Scales for Listening, Language, and Speech into Classroom and Therapy Settings: The Basics of Using the CASLLS - Virtual
- New to Public Schools SLP Lunch and Learn - Virtual
- SI Legal and Ethical Updates
- Speech-Language Pathology Leadership Collaborative 2023-2024
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process: Training for Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs)
- Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #6 -- Reveal Their Story: A Strength-based Approach to Autism Assessments for Speech Language Pathologists
- Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #9 -- Gestalt Language Processing: What Is It?
- Statewide Speech-Language Pathology Webinar #4: -- Helping Teens and Young Adults on the Autism Spectrum with Social and Communication Skills: Insights and Resources
- Visual Phonics: See the Sound - Virtual