Statewide Speech-Language Pathology Webinar #4: -- Helping Teens and Young Adults on the Autism Spectrum with Social and Communication Skills: Insights and Resources - 32398
The social and communication challenges facing children and young adults on the autism spectrum become more complex during the transition from child to teen to young adult. This workshop is designed to enable speech language pathologists as well as others assisting youth on the spectrum to develop a better understanding of these challenges and to build a stronger repertoire of professional responses. First, after reviewing some of the difficult aspects of the transition years, the presenter will show ways to adapt younger-child social skills teaching strategies for older youth. Next, he will introduce a number of free resources developed for teens and young adults. This session will also address cultural and linguistic aspects of learning differences, provide ideas for adaptations to accommodate specific disabilities, and meet student needs in inclusive settings. This session will satisfy the DEI requirements for maintenance of ASHA certification.
TSHA CEUs will be provided for attending this webinar in its entirety. Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with a registration link to join the webinar. Please ensure that your email address in our system is accurate. This webinar will not be recorded as it is a live, virtual training.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 258
Registration Deadline 12/15/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Laura Lewis, M.S., CCC/SLP Autism Teaching Strategies
This session’s start date is less than 13 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 12/15/2023 9:00 am
- Active Learning: An Overview for Professionals Serving Students who are Blind, Visually Impaired, and DeafBlind
- Integrating the Cottage Acquisition Scales for Listening, Language, and Speech into Classroom and Therapy Settings: The Basics of Using the CASLLS - Virtual
- New to Public Schools SLP Lunch and Learn - Virtual
- SI Legal and Ethical Updates
- Speech-Language Pathology Leadership Collaborative 2023-2024
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process: Training for Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs)
- Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #6 -- Reveal Their Story: A Strength-based Approach to Autism Assessments for Speech Language Pathologists
- Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #7 -- The Dynamic Role of Speech-Language Pathologists in Fostering Communicative Success in the Post-Secondary Transition Setting
- Statewide Speech Language Pathology Webinar #9 -- Gestalt Language Processing: What Is It?
- Visual Phonics: See the Sound - Virtual