The Paraprofessional's Handbook for Effective Support in Inclusive Classrooms Online - 32194
Paraprofessionals are critical for student success because they are instrumental in creating inclusive classrooms. The purpose of this course is to ensure that you understand the role of the paraprofessional. As part of an inclusive team, you will be responsible for the facilitation of learning and successful functioning of students with a disability in the general and special education settings. You will learn more about the role of a paraprofessional, explore ways to collaborate effectively, the value of self-care, and the importance of presuming competence when working with students of various abilities. We have designed this course to be strategy-specific and to focus on providing academic, social, and behavioral supports that you can utilize to nurture student independence and resilience throughout the learning process. This session is aligned with the Instructional Strategies and Teachers and Staff components of the TEA-required self-assessment.
Charter School Personnel, Paraprofessionals, Assistant Principals, Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 46
Registration Deadline 5/3/2024
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
T-PESS 1C & 1D,3B,4B,5B
Christi Perkins ESC Region 11, Emily Groomer ESC Region 11, Susan Key ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 12/1/2023 8:00 am
- 2023-2024 ESC Region 11 Charter Roundtables - Virtual
- ESC Region 11 Instructional Leaders Meeting - In Person
- Facilitating the IEP (Asynchronous Course)
- McKinney-Vento Overview Training
- North Texas Canvas User Group
- SPED Teacher Power Hour - Virtual
- STAAR Alternate 2: Before, During, and After the Assessment
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (SB-IEP) Process for Administrators - Virtual
- Texas Principal Evaluation Support System (T-PESS)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - In Person/Blended