Empowering Educators: A Comprehensive Training on McKinney-Vento Law and Homeless Education - LPC Credit - 32100
This workshop is designed to empower educators with a comprehensive understanding of the McKinney-Vento Act. Participants will learn about the legal requirements of McKinney-Vento, including identification, enrollment, and educational stability for students experiencing homelessness. We will explore key topics,including the definition of homelessness according to The McKinney-Vento Act, the impact of homelessness on student learning, best practices for providing academic and emotional support, and strategies and practical tools to connect homeless students with the appropriate community resources and support. Participans will leave with a thorough understanding of the unique challenges faced by students experiencing homelessness and the role of educators in identifying, supporting, and advocationg for students who are eligible for support and services under the McKinney-Vento Act.
Central Office Administrators, Charter School Personnel, Federal Program Directors/Coordinators, McKinney-Vento, Assistant Principals, Bus Drivers, Coordinators, Counselors, Migrant, Principals
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 15
Registration Deadline 12/12/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Licensed Professional Counselor
Maria Collins ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 10 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 12/12/2023 8:30 am
- 2023-2024 ESC Region 11 Charter Roundtables - Virtual
- 23-24 Connect, Collaborate, and Capture
- 23-24 Texas Instructional Leadership (TIL) Observation and Feedback Level 2, 90-Minute Check Ins (Monthly) and One-on-One Coaching (Monthly) - Season 6 - Newman International Academy Fort Worth
- Data Analysis Advisory Meetings
- EB Timely Topics Work Session Series: MOY LPAC, Progress Monitoring, TELPAS
- Hidden Figures: Understanding the Process for Identifying Migrant Students - Online Course - Online
- HYBRID Region 11 EB Program Leader Meeting - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bloodborne Pathogens - Online
- Texas Principal Evaluation Support System (T-PESS)
- Textbook Adoption 2024 for Science, CTE, Social Studies, and Technology Applications