Social Emotional Literacy (SEL) - 30809
Have you wondered about transforming your focus on social-emotional literacy in the classroom? Do students with IEPs have specific social skills that relate to social-emotional well-being? Social-emotional literacy is a valuable ability to "read" one's own emotions and those of others and to determine the best response to build, nurture, and sustain healthy, respectful relationships. Join us as we look at strategies to promote strong social-emotional literacy skills that cultivate strong relationships focused on skills development, teamwork, understanding others, and problem-solving. This session is aligned with FAPE, IEP Implementation, LRE components of the TEA required self-assessment and SPP indicator Education Environments.
Teacher - Special Education, Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Coordinators, CTE Teachers, Instructional Leaders, Paraprofessionals, Principals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 28
Registration Deadline 3/26/2024
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Monica Alsaker ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 3/26/2024 8:30 am
- Annual Planning Event for Region 11 Visual Impairment Professionals
- Co-Planning for Co-Teaching Teams (CoP)
- Cohort for New Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments and Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialists
- Help! My Student Has an IEP. How Does Grading Work?
- IEP to Action
- Literacy for All Watch Party
- Ready, Set, Grow! A Cohort for New CAN Teachers
- Setting the Stage for Effective Inclusion (Inclusion Academy, Day 1) Afternoon Session
- STAAR Alternate 2: Before, During, and After the Assessment
- Your Student, My Student, Our Student: Collaboration for Inclusion