Sheltered Instruction: Developing Language Acquisition in Reading and Writing - 27944
(PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A TWO-DAY COURSE!) Sheltered Instruction is the bedrock of pedagogical methods in the bilingual classroom. Sheltered Instruction allows for content to be comprehensible so that students can master grade-level standards and academic language simultaneously! Join us as we explore how to intentionally develop studentsâ€™ academic linguistic abilities in reading and writing! We will explore a number of best practices that further these specific modalities including: text scanning, thinking maps, sentence stems/frames, interactive journals, using rubrics and checklists to allow students to monitor their own writing while providing feedback to others, and more! This is a virtual session via Zoom and participants will earn 3 CPE credits.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Principal Certification Candidate, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course (Face-to-Face)
- Content-Based Language Instruction Overview for Emergent Bilingual Students in Pre-K-12
- Discovery Education Experience for Emergent Bilingual Students 6-12
- Early Childhood: The Power of Print - Virtual
- ELPS: Talk-Tasks and Discourse in ELAR and Social Studies
- ELPS: Talk-Tasks and Discourse in Math and Science
- Literature + Math + Art for Young Learners - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs - VIRTUAL - Virtual