Effective Interactive Word Walls for Classrooms with English Learners - 27835
Word Walls are a staple for classrooms with English Learners and can be an effective tool for teaching new academic vocabulary and allowing students to utilize this vocabulary on an everyday basis. Learn how to make your word walls more than just mere window dressing and increase their effectiveness when you use them as an interactive tool for students to acquire new vocabulary, use it for academic discourse, and utilize it as a foundation for rigorous independent writing! This will be a virtual session accessed through Zoom. Participants will receive two (2) Continuing Professional Education hours once the session is complete.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Principals, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course - Online
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: 2-Day Training for Secondary Teachers
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: Differentiated Instruction & Formative/Summative Assessments - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: Lesson Planning - Integrating the ELPS & TELPAS - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Overview/Refresher - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction: Developing Language Acquisition in Reading and Writing - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Utilizing Sheltered Instruction in a Bilingual Classroom