Engage by Design Content Series: Biology STAAR Review Using Digital Breakout Rooms - 27454
Digital breakout rooms are a great way for teachers and students to review for STAAR, whether you are in a face-2-face or virtual setting. Digital breakout rooms can range from simple to more complex, which allows teachers to differentiate for the various student needs in the classroom, including special education and language learners. Individual students or groups of students can participate. Students can create some of the items and mini breakouts by concept or topic. Join in, learn, and get started creating your own digital breakout room using some or all of the following: Google Sites, Docs, Slides, Forms, web link, simulations, Edji, Flipgrid, PhET, YouTube videos, and others. Teachers will have the option to work independently or collectively in their breakout room creations. Participants will share their creations and then share permissions requested.
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Principals, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
All teachers must have a Google account prior to the session. Other free accounts may be needed from the listed tools in the description. Teachers need access to their content and any curriculum materials they might need to reference.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- AS+K Suicide Prevention - Virtual
- Customized Employment: Discovering Personal Genius - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades 9-12
- K-12 State-wide STEM Teacher Training
- Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - Virtual
- Online Testing: Are You Ready? - Virtual
- SELf Care for Educators (CPE CREDIT ONLY) - Virtual
- TexQuest: K-12 eBooks for the Classroom - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy
- What's Sliming You? (Youth) - Virtual