Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy - 27170
Learn how to empower youths to shift from a fixed to a growth mindset, recognize when they lack confidence, and take steps to persevere. By teaching adolescents how effort connects with progress and abilities, they will be more motivated, persevere longer, and engage in learning. Adolescents who have self-efficacy are more likely to become adults who take on challenging tasks, are more open to feedback, and view mistakes as opportunities to learn - whether in postsecondary education/training, careers, or meaningful independent living. All sessions are previously recorded.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Parents, Teacher - Special Education, Transition Specialists to Transition Personnel, VAC (Vocational Adjustment Coordinators), Counselors, CTE (Career and Technical Education) Personnel, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Tuesday Tips are interactive sessions in which families and educators learn and practice ideas that increase the independence and confidence of their students aged 14-21. While applicable for most students, these sessions will primarily highlight techniques for youth with learning disabilities, ADHD or ADD, behavioral issues and recipients of 504 plans.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2021-2022 Annual District Testing Coordinator Training - Zoom - Virtual
- 2021-2022 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- CPI: Blended Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training - Online
- ESC Region 11 Instructional Leaders' Meeting
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- TexQuest: Digital Resources for K-5 Classrooms - Virtual
- TexQuest: Math and Science -- The TexQuest Dynamic Duo (6-12) - Virtual
- TREC Talks - October 2021 - Virtual
- Uncovering Strategies for Teaching Science & Social Studies with Discovery Education
- Utilizing Sheltered Instruction in a Bilingual Classroom - Virtual