Evaluation and Treatment of Pediatric Motor Speech Disorders - 25384
The public school speech-language pathologist's caseload has varied greatly over the past decade. With more medically and developmentally complex children being served in the public schools, evaluating and treating children with dysarthria and childhood apraxia of speech is becoming more prevalent. This course will provide practical procedures for standardized and informal assessment of motor speech disorders, including dynamic assessment. In addition, evidence-based treatment of mild to severe motor speech disorders in children ages 3-21 will be provided, including determination of appropriate strategies, cuing techniques, goals and activities to stimulate responses, and general therapy approaches to address the educational need of children.
Speech Therapists, Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 3
Registration Deadline 5/1/2020
Credit Type TX Speech & Hearing Assoc. - Pending
Lucinda Dean, MS, CCC-SLP University of Texas at Dallas
Offered Again On
- 5/1/2020 9:00 am
- Bite-Size Summer Learning Series: Road Map to Collaboration: Maximize your Impact as a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Speech Webinar Series #7: Using Non-Standardized Assessments to Help Determine Social Communication Needs
- Speech Webinar Series #8: Intervention Strategies for Improving Pragmatic Communication in School-Aged Children
- Speech-Language Pathology Summer Conference 2020
- Visual Phonics for Speech-Language Pathologists