Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2020 - 24203
Research supports the use of visual strategies as an effective method of improving communication, increasing independence, and reducing anxiety that can lead to challenging behaviors if not addressed. In this two-day learning experience, participants will have the opportunity to develop individual schedules, work systems, and behavioral reminders to support students with autism and other developmental disabilities. The importance of routines, visual systems, and clear concrete expectations will be presented. The training includes presentations, small-group projects, and hands-on experiences. All participants who attend the training may receive a follow-up in their classroom by ESC personnel if requested.
Charter School Personnel, Psychologists, Teacher - Special Education, Paraprofessionals
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 32
Registration Deadline 7/22/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Michael Tucker ESC Region 11
This is a restricted enrollment workshop. A password is required for registration.
Offered Again On
- 7/21/2020 9:00 am
- Appendix H - Data Sources Webinar Series - Live Online
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course
- Charter Schools Roundtable - Now Online! - Live Online
- Child Nutrition ServSafe
- Hearing Screener Certification
- Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12)
- Math for All! Designing Inclusive Mathematics Learning Environments (K-3)
- Summer Transition, College Success, and Financial Aid
- Texas Transition Online - Online
- Vision Screener Certification