All Access: Augmentative Alternative Communication and Assistive Technology - 21684
Encourage participants to "explore the possibilities" for clients with complex communication and access needs. This is a half-day training set in a lab environment with a focus on providing participants with a hands-on experience with all of the various access methods that PRC offers. From touch to eye gaze and many things in between, the training includes (1) How to get started quickly with eye gaze; (2) head pointing, switches, and touch access; (3) Basic customization to meet client needs; (4) Clinical tips and video examples; and (5) Guided practice and hands-on exploration.
Schedule & Location
Speech Therapists, Teacher - Special Education, Occupational Therapists
This session is for people who have some familiarity with Augmentative Alternative communication devices. This session will focus on PRC devices. ASHA credit can be provided by Betty Carter
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left Full
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment, or has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bite-Size Summer Learning Series: Road Map to Collaboration: Maximize your Impact as a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Evaluation and Treatment of Pediatric Motor Speech Disorders
- Speech Webinar Series #7: Using Non-Standardized Assessments to Help Determine Social Communication Needs
- Speech Webinar Series #8: Intervention Strategies for Improving Pragmatic Communication in School-Aged Children
- Speech-Language Pathology Summer Conference 2020
- Visual Phonics for Speech-Language Pathologists