SMoRRES: District-Wide Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Modeling - Day One - 30956
Jumpstart AAC implementation in your district and build capacity with the SMoRRES program, an effective method for teaching classroom staff to provide partner-augmented input (PAI) throughout the school day. There are multiple benefits of partner-augmented input, but how can this be done effectively in the classroom? All of a child's communication partners must be taught how to model on the child's speech-generating device (SGD) to create an immersion environment. Day 1 is an introductory SMoRRES level 1 session appropriate for all school staff, including administrators, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, teachers, instructional assistants, and other professionals who work with children using AAC. Participants will set goals for the training, learn why PAI is so important, verbally rehearse the steps to successful modeling, see videos of modeling in the classroom, and practice modeling. ASHA CEUs provided.
Speech Therapists, Teacher - Special Education, Occupational Therapists
This session will be held via ZOOM. A link will be sent prior to the training. Day 1 is a prerequisite for Day 2. More information can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iXz3MixKKjnsKIfi-4ZTGb5RB7bYH0py?usp=sharing IMPORTANT: A communication device, app, emulation software, book or board is required to participate in a variety of interactive, hands-on training activities designed for learning or improving modeling skills.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left Wait list full
Registration Deadline 4/27/2023
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Jill E. Senner, PhD, CCC-SLP Technology & Language Center, PC., Matthew R. Baud, MS, CCC-SLP Technology & Language Center, PC.
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment.
For assistance contact:
Special Education Specialist, Speech Language Pathology
For assistance contact:
Special Education Technician
Offered Again On
- 4/27/2023 8:30 am
- Assessment and Goal Writing for Students who Stutter - Virtual
- Introduction to Assistive Technology
- ONLINE: Just Give Him the Whale: Using Passions, Areas of Expertise, and Strengths to Support Students with Autism (BOOK STUDY) - Virtual
- SMoRRES: District-Wide Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Modeling - Day Two
- Speech-Language Pathology Leadership Collaborative 2022-23 - Virtual
- Statewide Speech-Language Pathology Webinar #10: Informal Assessment Informed Goals and Services
- Statewide Speech-Language Pathology Webinar #7: Solving the Puzzle - Language and Literacy Assessment and Intervention in School-Age Children
- Statewide Speech-Language Pathology Webinar #8: Updates on Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) Assessment and Treatment
- Statewide Speech-Language Pathology Webinar #9: Comprehensive Stuttering Therapy for Middle-School and High-School Students