Effective Read Alouds in Early Childhood Classrooms with English Learners - 27836
Read Alouds are the foundation for literacy in Early Childhood Education and the centerpiece of Circle Time. Even though you may have read hundreds of books aloud to your students, come and see how your read alouds can be even more effective than ever before and can be a vehicle for academic language acquisition for ELs! We will explore vertical alignment of higher-level cognition and listening comprehension skills, total physical response and acquisition of specialized vocabulary, and building academic discourse and writing using a variety of tools! This will be a virtual session accessed through Zoom. Participants will receive three (3) Continuing Professional Education hours once the session is complete.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course - Online
- Sheltered Instruction Academy Series: Developing Language Acquisition in Listening and Speaking - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: 2-day Training for Elementary Teachers
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: 2-Day Training for Secondary Teachers
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: Differentiated Instruction & Formative/Summative Assessments - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Overview/Refresher - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Utilizing Sheltered Instruction in a Bilingual Classroom
- Utilizing Sheltered Instruction in a Bilingual Classroom - Virtual