Frayer Models as a Vehicle for Acquiring and Using Academic Vocabulary for ELs - 27834
Frayer Models allow students to explore and elaborate on newly acquired academic vocabulary visually, orally, and in writing. Learn how to make Frayer Models even more effective tools for your English Learners as you use them as vehicles for academic discourse, rigorous written expression, and a way to make students' invisible thinking visible. This will be a virtual session accessed through Zoom. Participants will receive two (2) Continuing Professional Education hours once the session is complete.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Principals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course - Online
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: 2-day Training for Elementary Teachers
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: 2-Day Training for Secondary Teachers
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: Lesson Planning - Integrating the ELPS & TELPAS - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Overview/Refresher - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Utilizing Sheltered Instruction in a Bilingual Classroom
- Utilizing Sheltered Instruction in a Bilingual Classroom - Virtual