Customized Employment: Earning Money and Social Security Benefits! - 27573
There are a lot of myths and misconceptions about social security benefits and work. What will happen to their benefits? What will happen to their health insurance? WHAT WILL HAPPEN? Join us to learn more about disability benefits. Topics will include applying, eligibility, how earning are counted, Medicaid, and financial saving opportunities. Come and gain the knowledge, confidence, and resources to move toward employment opportunities for your student. It is highly recommended that parents, educators, and VR also attend additional sessions to fully support youth with disabilities: Everyone Can Work! Discovering Individual Potential | Where Are You At Your Best? | Using Handheld Technology | Know Your Value! Let's Start Work! This is a free session.
Charter School Personnel, Parents, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Transition Specialists to Transition Personnel, Community/Public, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Occupational Therapists
This project will be targeted to students, parents, educators, and VR to learn introductory aspects of the customized employment process that focus on Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS). The targeted students will be in the 8th, 9th, 10th or 12th- grade, and range in age from 14-22 years old, are currently participating in a recognized educational program, and have a mild to moderate disability. TWC is developing policy and services related to Customized Employment.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 2020-2021 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- Co-Planning for Co-Teaching-Laying a Strong Foundation - Virtual
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades 9-12
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades K-5
- ESC Region 11 Charter Schools Virtual Job Fair - Virtual
- State Performance Plan (SPP) Indicator 13: Overview for Data Collection - Virtual
- Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2021
- TexQuest Refresh 2021 - Virtual
- TexQuest: Ramp up Students Learning with Learn360 - Virtual