The ELPS & TELPAS - Best Practices for Incorporating Language Modalities across the Curriculum and the Classroom - 27159
This session will help teachers understand the connection between the English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) and the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS). Teachers will explore best practices that allow them to incorporate each modality of language (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) across the curriculum so that the English Learners (ELs) in their classroom can demonstrate growth in language acquisition. The session will focus on each of the individual modalities of language as well as their intersection and provide teachers with a range of strategies to meaningfully incorporate them in their daily instructional practices, whether they teach in person, online, or using a hybrid model.
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Charter School Personnel, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fee Please log in to see fees.
It is too late to register for this session.
Offered Again On
- Alphabetics for Emerging Dual Language Learners - Virtual
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course
- Early Childhood: The Power of Print - Virtual
- Instructional Strategies for Early Emergent Bilingual Learners - Virtual
- Literature + Math + Art for Young Learners - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs - VIRTUAL - Virtual