Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Basics of Self-Selected Independent Reading (Asynchronous) Online - 26661
Note: This is a self-paced, completely asynchronous version of this webinar. For many middle/high school educators, the idea of daily class time spent reading a book of choice feels stressful, wasteful, and difficult to structure. In this webinar, we will discuss some basic structures of independent reading time and explore ways to elevate student thinking, provide reflection opportunities, and respond to individual student needs during independent reading time. We will also discuss practicalities such as book access and censorship. You will watch the recording through the link provided and complete all activities, including a form at the end, to receive 1 hour of CPE credit. Credit will be awarded at the end of the course window.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Principals, Teacher - General Education
You will find the link for the session in your registration information on the ESC professional learning webpage.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 57
Registration Deadline 4/30/2021 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Caty Dearing ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 12 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
- Customized Employment: Discovering Personal Genius - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Demystifying Word Problems - Numberless Word Problems - Virtual
- Power Up: Unlocking New Levels in Secondary Literacy Practices - Creating Effective Learning Targets through Clear Objectives (Part 2) - Virtual
- Power Up: Unlocking New Levels in Secondary Literacy Practices - Planning ELAR Units with Interconnected TEKS (Part 1) - Virtual
- R-1-1 Math Now: 6-12 Numberless Word Problems - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence & Abuse - Online
- Teaching Social Studies in the 21st Century
- TEKS Talks: Diving into Strand 2 for Middle/High School ELAR Instruction - Virtual
- Turning the Lens on Social Reform