Viva la Gramatica! Patterns of Power en Espanol! - 25308
Instead of chanting grammar rules or completing countless convention worksheets, Jeff Anderson and literacy coach Whitney La Rocca, in collaboration with Caroline Sweet, invite young writers to explore conventions as special effects devices that activate meaning. Their students study authentic texts and come to recognize these "patterns of power" as the essential grammar conventions that readers and writers require to make meaning. In this training, teachers will leave knowing how to effectively teach grammar in Spanish and use it as a bridge between readers and writers workshop.
Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 27
Registration Deadline 4/22/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Elena Guerrero ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 4/22/2020 8:30 am
- A New Year on the Horizon! Preparing for a Balanced Literacy Classroom
- BTLPT - Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test Preparation
- Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs
- FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Mathematics Achievement Academy: Problem Solving and Discourse, Grade 2
- Mathematics Achievement Academy: Problem Solving and Discourse, Grade 3