Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - 27830
Participants will discover how culture is the software that allows individuals to make sense of their world. This session will also examine the three levels of culture. Moreover, participants will learn how to find commonalities among cultural archetypes and the attendant research-based best practices that allow those commonalities to result in rigorous language development and acquisition of academic content. Lastly, participants will examine culturally responsive best practices that are aligned with TEA's English Language Program implementation Rubrics that allow for implementation at the exemplary level! This will be a virtual session accessed through Zoom. Participants will receive three Continuing Professional Education hours once the session is complete.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Principals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2021-2022 Annual District Testing Coordinator Training - Zoom - Virtual
- 2021-2022 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course - Online
- Hearing Screener Certification
- INSIGHT: Instructional Leaders Advisory Meeting 2021-2022 - Online
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- TREC Talks - August 2021 - Virtual
- TREC Talks - November 2021 - Virtual
- TREC Talks - September 2021 - Virtual
- Vision Screener Certification