Vocabulary Acquisition for ELs through Text Scanning - 27160
This session is focused on providing teachers of English Learners with the tools they need to intentionally use academic vocabulary in their instruction while giving students the strategies they need to explore, describe, and contextualize academic vocabulary across all content areas. Join us as we learn how to teach students to scan text for unfamiliar vocabulary, learn this vocabulary in a multi-sensory way, and use this newly acquired vocabulary in structured academic writing. We will also explore digital tools that will allow teachers to use these strategies in virtual classroom settings!
Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
It is too late to register for this session.
Offered Again On
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Effective Interactive Word Walls for Classrooms with English Learners - Virtual
- Effective Read Alouds in Early Childhood Classrooms with English Learners - Virtual
- Frayer Models as a Vehicle for Acquiring and Using Academic Vocabulary for ELs - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- The ELPS & TELPAS - Best Practices for Incorporating Language Modalities across the Curriculum & Classroom - Part 4 Writing - Virtual
- The ELPS & TELPAS - Best Practices for Incorporating Language Modalities across the Curriculum and the Classroom - Virtual
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs - Virtual