Early Childhood: Effective Read Alouds in Pre-K and Kindergarten for the Advanced Practitioner - 25017
Read Alouds are the foundation for literacy in Early Childhood education and the centerpiece of Circle Time. Even though you may have read hundreds of books aloud to your students, come and see how your read alouds can be even more effective than ever before! We will explore vertical alignment of higher-level cognition and listening comprehension skills, total physical response and acquisition of specialized vocabulary, and building academic discourse and writing using a variety of tools!
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Effective Interactive Word Walls for Classrooms with English Learners - Virtual
- Effective Read Alouds in Early Childhood Classrooms with English Learners - Virtual
- Frayer Models as a Vehicle for Acquiring and Using Academic Vocabulary for ELs - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- The ELPS & TELPAS - Best Practices for Incorporating Language Modalities across the Curriculum & Classroom - Part 4 Writing - Virtual
- The ELPS & TELPAS - Best Practices for Incorporating Language Modalities across the Curriculum and the Classroom - Virtual
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs - Virtual