ELPS: From Theory to Practice in Elementary Classrooms - 30147
The English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) are the TEKS of Language Acquisition and should be the drivers for Emergent Bilingual (EB) students' classroom instruction in ALL language modalities. Come and learn how to meaningfully incorporate differentiated language instruction that leads to genuine content mastery! We will explore creating powerful and measurable content and language objectives; a gradual release of instruction that empowers EBs to acquire rigorous academic vocabulary tied directly to objectives; and how to differentiate for ALL language modalities, listening, speaking, reading, and writing at all levels of student ability (beginner, intermediate, advanced and advanced high).
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Principals, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 9
Registration Deadline 9/26/2022 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Gabriel Verrone ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 1 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 9/27/2022 8:30 am
- Alphabetics for Emerging Dual Language Learners - Virtual
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course (Face-to-Face)
- Discovery Education Experience for Emergent Bilingual Students 6-12
- Discovery Education Experience for Emergent Bilingual Students EC-6
- Early Childhood: The Power of Print - Virtual
- ELPS: From Theory to Practice in Secondary Classrooms
- ELPS: Talk-Tasks and Discourse in ELAR and Social Studies
- ELPS: Talk-Tasks and Discourse in Math and Science
- Instructional Strategies for Early Emergent Bilingual Learners - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online