Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Math on a Dial" Using Problem-Solving Methods to Solve Math Mysteries - 30059
"Ugh! Words problems!" This session will focus on using the student's natural problem-solving skills and curiosity to tackle word problems from a different direction. By using Numberless Word Problems, Numberless Graphs, and Three-Act Tasks, all students will be able to access problems through their own skills and abilities. This session will promote solving problems through inquiry and collaboration. This session will be followed by Demystifying Word Problems: Three-Reads strategy in the afternoon. You can sign up for either or both.
Schedule & Location
Instructional Leaders, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2023 14th Annual Technology Vendor Fair
- BlendED - Learning Academy: Best Practices for a Modern Personalized Learning Classroom
- Data-Driven Instructional Planning for Teachers using mCLASS
- Early Childhood Education Networking Meeting - Virtual
- iCoaches Assemble! Spring Session
- iCoaches Assemble! Virtual Professional Learning Network - Virtual
- IEP to Action
- Mathematics Leaders Community
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training - Palo Pinto
- TexQuest: ELAR TEKS and TexQuest Resources Make a Perfect Pair - Virtual