Teaching with Document Based Questions (DBQs): Follow-Up/Next Steps - Going from Good to Great - 29326
This session is open to participants who have attended an introductory DBQ session, have implemented a DBQ in their classroom, and who are looking for ways to take the next steps in teaching with DBQs. Continuing with the notion that DBQs can be used to teach historical thinking and literacy skills in a student-centered approach, this training will focus on utilizing bits and pieces of a DBQ unit in short one- or two-day lessons. The goal of these smaller lessons is to target and build skills. We will also look closely at student essays, scoring and grading, and how to advance that writing from good to great.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Introductory DBQ session
Fee Please log in to see fees.
It is too late to register for this session.
Offered Again On
- 2023 DMAC Academy DAY 2 - Online Testing & Local Assessments in DMAC
- Co-Teaching for All - Virtual
- Online GT 30 Core - Series Course 1: Nature and Needs of Gifted/Talented Students (NN) - Online
- PBL+ Academy
- R-1-1 Math Now: 6-12 Math at your Fingertips: Tactile Learning - An Asynchronous Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: Grades 6-12 Demystifying Word Problems - Three-Reads Strategy - An Asynchronous Session - Online
- Socratic Seminars: Implementing Student-Facilitated Learning in the Secondary ELAR Classroom (6-12)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Virtual GT 30 Core Series - Course 1: Nature and Needs of Gifted/Talented Students (NN) - Virtual
- Writing Essentials