Best Practices for Evaluating Bilingual Students for Dyslexia - 29111
Identifying students with Dyslexia can be quite complex and confusing when one considers the types of evaluations required, such as culture, language, etc. This presentation will provide participants with an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the characteristics of a Specific Learning Disability (SLD) and explore the legal definition as it relates to Dyslexia. In addition, learners will acquire information about how Dyslexia is identified under IDEA as an SLD and what supporting instructional recommendations are outlined in the research.
Schedule & Location
Diagnosticians, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Coordinators, Dyslexia Interventionist, Psychologists, Teacher - Bilingual Education Program
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Dyslexia and Dysgraphia Identification in the FIE - Virtual
- Evaluation Personnel (LSSP, Ed. Diag.) in MTSS; Our Role in Improving Data-Driven Systems - Virtual
- Guilty until Proven Innocent: Evaluating Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners for Special Education
- PREPaRE Workshop 2, Third Edition, Mental Health Crisis Interventions: Responding to an Acute Traumatic Stressor in Schools
- Reevaluations: From Review of Existing Evaluation Data (REED) to Evaluation - Virtual
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process: Implications for Evaluation Personnel - Virtual
- Texas Dyslexia Academy 2: Dyslexia Handbook
- Texas Sensory Support Network (TxSSN): Orientation and Mobility (O&M) for Administrators - Online
- Triangulating Data in the Full and Individual Evaluation: Telling the Student's Story - Virtual
- Writing Effective Impact and Need Statements in the Full and Individual Evaluation - Virtual