What's Not to Love About Geometry in Grades K-2? - 29025
Shapes, literature, and manipulatives, oh my! In this 90-minute virtual session, we will explore how to foster your studentsâ€™ love of geometry by engaging with childrenâ€™s literature and manipulatives. We will review the K-2 geometry standards to ensure we are aligning our practices along the way. Connections between multiple understanding of key concepts within a strand and across strands of the mathematics TEKS will be discussed. We will spend time practicing how to embed these ideas into your upcoming plans. We look forward to learning with you via Zoom!
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Instructional Leaders, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- All Aboard! Early Childhood Beginning Teacher Academy (ECSE, PK, K Teachers)
- Conscious Discipline
- Early Childhood: Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines Playground - Fine Arts Domain - Virtual
- ELAR Amplify Overview for K-5 - Virtual
- Math Language Routines to Foster Sense-Making
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Focus Lessons - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Learning Stations - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training - Virtual
- Visual Phonics (See the Sound) - Virtual